Senior Sustainability Consultant
A new and exciting job opportunity has arisen for a Senior Sustainability Consultant with McCann Sustainability (McCann and Partners).
Employment Type: Full Time
Working for the sustainability team within McCann and Partners, your role will be to work alongside other consultants in assisting with the preparation of sustainability assessments and the delivery of accompanying consultancy services.
McCann Sustainability sits alongside the building services team, allowing both functions to take advantage of the complimentary technical assistance and advice this brings.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the following as a minimum:
- A qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. Engineering, Environmental and/ or Sustainability) OR working towards qualification);
- Basic understanding/ knowledge of BREEAM, Building Regulations Part L and associated standards;
- Appreciation of other sustainable assessment standards (Home Quality Mark (HQM), WELL Building Standard etc.).
Main duties will include the following:
- Attend (via video link in the short term) both internal and external presentations (to maintain industry knowledge);
- Assist the MEP side of the business in relation to sustainable strategies;
- Assist in the development of green support in the form of travel plans, building user guides, indoor air quality plans, building life cycle assessments etc.
BREEAM specific duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Attend (via video link in the short term) project team meetings with a senior member of the team (during the design and construction stages);
- Produce meeting minutes to ensure anything relating to the assessment works is communicated;
- Be client facing, proactive and solutions driven;
- Have a basic understanding of the issues that influence and impact performance;
- Identify opportunities and discuss conflicting or unintended consequences;
- Assist with the production of evidence for BREEAM/ HQM credits;
- Monitor the design process to ensure that the scheme objectives are being followed and the client’s requirements are reflected, with support and training;
- Assist with the preparation of design stage assessment trackers and reports for client review and submission to the BRE;
- Identify, communicate and report areas of compliance and non-compliance with your fellow consultants;
- Gather and references evidence of compliance with the support of your fellow consultants;
- Provide a delivery assurance/ support process to ensure the BREEAM/ HQM requirements are being followed during the construction phase;
- Undertake site inspections (if safe to do so) to gather evidence in coordination with your fellow consultants.
Note: This list is not exhaustive and we would expect willingness to undertake additional duties to support the business as and when necessary.
If this role is of interest to you, please get in touch by forwarding your CV here.